For the third time my beloved Noma has been declared the world’s number one restaurant at Restaurant Magazine’s and San Pellegrino’s The World’s 50 Best Restaurants. Congratulations René and team, and thank you for making Copenhagen stand out. It is fantastic!
The top 10 for 2012 is
- Noma – Copenhagen, Denmark (Yay!)
- El Celler De Can Roca – Girona Spain
- Mugaritz – San Sebastian, Spain
- D.O.M – Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Osteria Francescana – Modena, Italy
- Per Se – New York, USA
- Alinea – Chicago, USA
- Arzak – San Sebastian, Spain
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal – London, England
- Eleven Madison Park – New York, USA
Geranium enters the list at no. 49 – congratulations to Rasmus and Søren – and Relæ is in the top 100 at #75! Also, the incredible Fäviken on Sweden is new on the list and enters at no. 34 – and in a couple of weeks I will dine at No. 28, Nihonryori RyuGin in Tokyo. I’m so excited.
Also, I’m very happy that Elena Azark was rewarded Best Female Chef. I heard her speak at Chef Sache in November last year, and she is incredibly inspiring. Well done!